Saturday, January 24, 2009

The best and worst of Hatchet.

With everyone finished up with Gary Paulsen's novel Hatchet, I thought I would open up a conversation about the best and worst of this book.  In an earlier post, Amanda let everyone know she was not a big fan of when Brian was eating the raw turtle eggs. The best part of the book in my opinion is when Brian makes his new "home" and food storage area. I can only imagine how it would feel to make a shelter in the wild and how proud one might be once they are finished. It takes a lot of work, but what in life that is worthwhile doesn't require a lot of work? I'm looking forward to see your best and worst moments. Stay warm this weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Hi,
    It's Caitlyn.I liked the whole book. It kept me on my toes.
    But I would have to say my favorite part was when Brian ate the raw turtle
    eggs. It was sooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hatchet was o.k. It was interesting in alot of parts and it was wierd when he was eating the turtle eggs. To bad Brian didn't get the survival pack early so he could enjoy the meals better. He did enjoy one meal though. Atleast he did get rescued!

    Lindsey 8-]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys, I thought Hachet was pretty good all around. I have read it before so it was fun to revisit it. Dito with the turtle eggs part Lindsey. See ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the best part was when Brian got the survival pack. Sometimes I was really grossed out. Hatchet was pretty good over all although that wouldn't be a book I would pick.

    Gotta go,

    Alexie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like when he eats eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!

    :O

    ReplyDelete
  6. i liked it cuz it was interest and it has lots of discriptive paragraph and yoou can just use your imaginatin to picture it in you mind ex. when he threw the hatchet at the porcupine and missed and hit the pile of rocks a shower of golden sparks were in the sky ... see he used discriptive thats what i liked about the book he was discriptive...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really dont have a favorite part of the book because i liked it all but i did like it when he ate the raw eggs! it was gross but cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked the part when the skunk was taking his turtle eggs and Brian tried to shoo it away. Too bad he was blinded by the skunk spray and tore down his living quarters!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hated the whole book and he should not have gotten rescued he

    ReplyDelete