Wednesday, April 21, 2010



The Community Garden plot has been purchased! As of right now, we have a plot of land that measures 6 feet by 20 feet. Can you figure out what is the area math minds? Six times two is twelve, add the zero ~"Power of 10!"~and that's right, we have 120 square feet of land to work help us become green thumbs. How awesome is that! Now, I know what you might be thinking right now (I do hope you THINK while you read), what is going to be planted in the garden? Well, that's the next step in planning this garden that needs to be worked on right now, and I'm looking to you for some help. True, there are some things I'd love to plant in the garden such as: corn (you knew that had to be on the list!), strawberries, beans, carrots, and various types of peppers, but this isn't just my garden, it's a Community Garden where lots of people have a say to what goes on. So, I bring to you this question. What do you want to see planted in the garden? Planting time is coming quickly, so get your ideas in fast. Look for more updates about the Community Garden to come in future blog posts. Thanks for reading and make your day a great one!

3 comments:

  1. I would like to see cucumbers, carrots, green beans, green peppers, lettuce, and tomatoes planted in the garden.

    Thanks,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to see strawberries, my parents would probably want all of the stuff that Cortney said, my mom want Sugar Snap peas.

    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping your school year starts out with a BANG!!!
    Enjoy a new group of kids! w :-)

    ReplyDelete