Wednesday, January 20, 2010

More figures of speech!


Due to the high number of comments on the last "Figures of Speech" blog post (January 8, 2010) , I have decided to post another entry dealing with Figurative Language. This time, I am asking for examples of hyperboles (an exaggerated statement to make a strong effect), personification (giving an inhuman object human characteristics) assonance (the repetition of vowel sounds such as: take, bake, train, way, and say) and consonance (the repetition of consonant sounds like: black, jacket, bracket, track, snack). I can't wait to see all your creative comments and please remember the rules about posting. The blog has been busy the last few weeks and I thank all those who have participated by either just reading the blog, or reading and leaving your comments. I hope you have enjoyed the few minutes you've spent reading this and please feel free to submit your examples of hyperboles, personification, assonance, and or consonance!

4 comments:

  1. Personification (and alliteration) = the freshly, frozen fruit called my name as I opened the freezer door.

    I'm giving fruit the ability to "call my name" when we all know fruit can't talk (or can it?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personification = The trees whistled softly in the wind as i walked trough the woods.


    Leah :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the simile Nick. You should get to bed earlier if you are that sleepy, ha-ha. Leah, great work with personification. Remember to capitalize your I's as it takes the place of your name. Looks like we are off and running on a new blog post. Will be interesting to see who shares their ideas for this post. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete