Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl clerihews

Last name Warner, first name Kurt, 
In the Super Bowl he won't be hurt, 
Dropping touchdowns from the sky, 
We both graduated from U.N.I.!
Flying down the field is Larry, 
For defenders he looks scary,
Holy Angels was his high school team, 
Now he's trying to fulfill his dream.

Number 43 is Troy,
Defense is what brings him joy,
He can swipe away the ball, 
Or hit you hard and you will fall.

"Enjoy the day","I will," said Troy
And out the door did go that boy,
Running through the frozen streets, 
Making music with his 'feets'.

These are some clerihews I came up with. If you are a football fan, I'm sure you'll understand the first three. The last one is one I'm still working on, but decided to throw it out there anyway. Feets is probably a word a teacher shouldn't be using, but in a poem it just might be alright. Make today a great one! 



5 comments:

  1. My name is Zach,
    And I like to tan my back
    Jumping on my water skis
    Hope I don't break my knees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seufer. Well done. Nice clerihew, I hope you don't break your knees. Might want to wait until the ice melts before going water skiing in MN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a football player name that was Reggie,
    When he was little he gave people weggies,
    All the people said a big "OW!",
    From now on all he gets is a big pow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last name Jefferson, First name Al
    I wish I was his little penpal
    He is very very tall
    Might want to try to get the ball

    ReplyDelete
  5. First name Randy, last name Foye
    He is a very, very strong boy
    He is faster than a lot of people
    I don't think he will fall off a steeple

    ReplyDelete