Sunday, May 31, 2009

Minneapolis Marathon 3:59:31!




It wasn't pretty, but the goal was achieved. My first sub-four hour marathon is now in the books! Didn't know if I was going to make it there for a while, but thankfully I pulled it together enough to sneak under 4 hours (with 29 seconds to spare!) A special thanks to Tim (3:50 Pacer) & Sam (4:00 Pacer). I really don't think I could have done it without them. Also, thanks to the 3:50 group. Michelle, John, John, Scott, and all the others whose names I've forgot. It was great to run with you, and I hope you all achieved your goals of 3:50 or whatever you may have been shooting for. Team Ortho put on a great marathon and I'm thinking it will be around for a while. Finally, thanks to my wonderful family. Mom & Rich, I'm looking forward to your book about How to Follow a Marathoner (this is not true, but should be!). Dad & Jan, thanks for figuring out where to go after I gave you terrible instructions on where to go. Jon, thanks for flying in from Indy. Was great to see you and it really helped me stay strong. Will be looking forward to see you run the Twin Cities 2009 Marathon this year. Todd, I didn't see you, but I'm sure you were there. Thanks for always supporting me in my running adventures. Great to have a big brother like yourself. My incredible wife Jessica, thanks for putting up with all my training and I promise it will be a while before I run another one. You are my rock, and I couldn't have done it without you. I can't wait until we run our first 5K together.  Jane, thanks for coming out and supporting your son-in-law. I look forward to the next race we run together. Still working on finding a good 10K to run in August (maybe anyone who has read this mini-novel can help point me out in the right direction). I could probably go on and on here, but I'm already getting a bit long. Thanks to all who I didn't mention here that supported me with my marathon running. 

1 comment:

  1. Troy.
    It was great fun for us to get to support you in the Charter Marathon for Minneapolis. We had a lot of fun getting from place to place and we were very proud of you. (I think your fellow runners figured that out, as well!) you reached your goal of under 4 hrs. Impressive. Marathon running is just an amazing accomplishment.
    Love,
    Mom and Rich

    ReplyDelete