Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Book & Scrabble Club


Greetings all! Just wanted to post the book I'm reading as it is a good one. My father suggested this same title to me a while back and I'm finally following up on it as my time is a bit more open due to school ending. My wife bought it for me and is reading it right now as well for our little book club.  Get to the title already? It's the Young Reader's Edition of Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson & David Oliver Relin. It is a New York Times Best Seller and although I've just started this book, I know it will be a quick read as the message is very powerful and Greg (the author) does a great job of telling his story about his mission. I highly suggest this book and also recommend keeping a journal to jot down your thoughts as you read this book. Finally, I'm sorry about Scrabble Club last Wednesday. On Thursday I was there, but no one showed up. I'm up for any day this week, but will wait to be contacted by any interested parties. As always, thanks for the post and let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. 

4 comments:

  1. I can do it for Tuesday, Thursday or Friday. Sorry I was not there last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is really turning out to be a great one! It makes me think how lucky we are to live in the United States, but also makes me want to do something for those people who are in need in other countries. To understand what I'm talking about, READ THIS BOOK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book!! So glad that education professionals have taken such a liking to it and are sharing it with colleagues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "If you educate a boy, you educate an individual. If you educate a girl, you educate a community." Great proverb that Greg Mortenson learned.

    ReplyDelete